Friday, August 13, 2010

Dream house

Since we came home from vacation I have been playing catch up with laundry, getting things put away and just trying to get some order around the house..With three girls, who like to pull everything out in every room, I spend more time putting the "stuff" back where it belongs than actually cleaning or making the house "pretty".

When we bought our house almost 9 years ago, I instantly fell in love. It has great bones...nice woodwork, beautiful mantle over the fireplace, gorgeous hardwood floors and an amazing perennial garden.

When we moved in to #423...I was just excited to own my first home and decorate something other than a bedroom. Sadly, my taste back then was not too refined. I bought furniture too quickly just to fill the rooms and now I am stuck with most of it....I love my house and it is truly a "home" but I have dreams about how I might decorate if given the chance again...

here's some eye candy..

Claw footed tub and those big beautiful windows!!

An all white kitchen...with DOUBLE farmer sinks!

A trough sink for the kids bathroom, plenty of room for three girls to brush their teeth.

I just love this mirror collection over the bed...but even we just had a king sized bed that would make me so happy!
What would your "dream" house have?

No comments:

Post a Comment