Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Out with the old.....

New year. Makes me want to do things better. A fresh start. It started on Sunday, better habits are hopefully going to take up residence around here. More veggies, more moving. Less ice cream.

Girls went back to school today. David went back to work. I need them all out of the house when I want to deep clean. Maeve is easy, give her a Clorox wipe and she helps. Once they were gone, I tackled the mess. Put all the new Christmas toys to the playroom. Collected all the Christmas tcothckes and put them away, I wanted to haul the tree to the curb but I guess I will wait until Epiphany. Then I dusted and vacummed and swiffered and mopped and wiped. This place looks great. The 4th load of laundry is drying. Yes, I am on my game today.

Since it is a new year and I've got a nice clean house, I figured I need a clean slate too. Here's what I"m working on this year.

1. Taking care of #1....that's me. I wear many hats, wife, mom, nurse, daughter, sister, friend. I think I do them all very well. I need to take care of me better. Take time to do what makes me happy. I'm the priority now.

2. Don't worry so much about others and their needs. This year I am doing what is right for me and my family. Period.

3. Make new habits, good ones. Lose the stuff that has been dragging me down.

4. Live the less is more motto. Less buying of junk, more thought into what we really need.

Ok 2012 show me what you've got,

No comments:

Post a Comment