Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back to bed

So, letting ALL three girls stay up way too late did bite me in the arse. They all slept in, including me, however it ended up throwing me off for the entire day.

It started with the girls going to camp and needing showers in the am. We typically do baths at night. It was annoying to have to deal with that and breakfast. Oh and then, I realize that I was supposed to run to the deli so they would have something for lunch. But we SLEPT in, no time for that! I ended up sending them in to camp, and I dropped off lunch after I went to the deli. After all this running, Maeve decides napping in the car is a great idea. So there went the long nap I was hoping for.

I decided to be somewhat productive. Our neighbors are away so we have been caring for their pool (which they let us use anytime) They are awesome. I decided to vacuum it and put some chlorine in to keep it tip top. I ended up bleaching one of my favorite shirts from the chlorine and after I vacuumed, the skies opened up and it poured. I mean torrential. The pool is full of leaves. **SIGH**

On the bright side, since it was pouring rain, a great friend offered to pick the girls up at camp for me. It was the highlight of my day. The afternoon was looking up, until piss and moan came home and were tired, hungry, cold etc...you name it, they were IT!. Even Disney XD could not keep these two happy. It was a long afternoon. Maeve had no nap, again..

By the time, Prince Charming arrived home, I was not in a good way. I fed them all, bathed them and then bid them all farewell. I went to Target, I bought myself a new Burts Bees lipgloss, a Glamour magazine and Peach Mango bubble bath. I came home and soaked until my fingers were pruney. Now, 2 Advil and my pillow...and dreams of a better tomorrow.

How was your day?

1 comment:

  1. Days like that drive me crazy! I have a suggestion for your bleached shirt - how about dying it? You can throw it in a bucket of dye and turn it a totally new color :-)

    ReplyDelete