Friday, January 29, 2010

Beauty is only skin deep

So I've been doing this photo a day thing for almost a month now, and I must say I am really enjoying my camera..I typically take a picture of the girls, an activity or whatever is going on throughout our day. Occasionally, I will turn the camera around and try to do a cute self portrait, but uh, yeah the self portrait ain't so cute...Thank goodness for the delete button. Every time I examine the picture of myself, I cannot believe it is me. Do I really have those fine lines around my eyes? How much botox will I need to relax that brow furrow? When did I get gray hair? IT IS SHOCKING I TELL YOU....but has forced me to take some time for me...a bit of pampering to help me recapture that youthful, dewy glow.

Now, I have always been a girl to never leave the house without lipstick.. I just feel put together when I've got my makeup on and once you get to a certain age a lady needs concealer and blush on a daily basis. You can have a great body, a great outfit, but if you don't put your best face forward, what's the point? Skin care is where I was lacking..I will sometimes fall asleep with my makeup on, (I know, gross), I forget to moisturize and I rarely use eye cream..But it is time to start.

So I've compiled a little list of my favorites

1. Oil of olay cleanser : this is a good cleanser that is just right for my combination skin. I've tried them all from Lancome to Noxzema..This one is a keeper.

2. Oil of Olay beauty fluid: My mom used to use this in the past, and it is the most lightweight, fresh smelling lotion. I love it under my foundation.

3. Anew eye cream: I notice a difference in the am when I use this at bedtime, dark circles are less visible and there is a dramatic difference in puffiness.

4. Clarisonic Mia: this was a gift to myself at Christmas. It is great cleansing machine especially for exfoliation.

So there you have it, my new skin care regime. Hopefully, it will improve my skin's texture and you just might be seeing more self portraits of me and my fresh faced self!

This was a blog topic because I hope one day when Ava and Olivia are 35 they will ask me, their 70 year old mom how did I get such amazing skin? My reply will be only a click away..

And for the record my mom has great skin (she may not think so) but I can recall her always using fancy creams and taking care..I should of been paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment